Monday, August 23, 2010

T'was the first day...

...And all through the lab, clicking upon clicking could be heard all around...

Meh. I like the class as it stands. I hope to gain a better understanding of how to use Photoshop, Illustrator, and more of the Adobe CS5. I know a lot of the basic controls; however, today got really annoying. Trying to manipulate an image and it doing something completely opposite…really, really annoying. I wish we had drawing tablets. That would make things (for me) a lot less frustrating. I'm used to using a tablet, the mouse gets annoying. I'm also more used to knowing shortcut keys, and Photoshop needs more shortcut keys.

The title for my blog, has nothing to do with my mood about/toward the class it is intended. Instead it draws inspiration from the phrase "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" turn something menial, into something great, and lemonade rocks. However, without a little water, and sugar you mostly just have lemon juice, and some seeds. In respect to this class, my lemonade sucks, for all i have is lemons. The water (our professor), and sugar (classmates & critiques) shall add to my lemons to make some -hopefully- tasty lemonade (a.k.a. improved abilities with Photoshop & Illustrator).

That is my reasoning behind my blog title, take it or leave it…I've got lemons.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone knows that orange juice os better than lemonade. If you know the quick commands now, please feel free to use them. While we are working on the second assignment, I will post all the keyboard shortcuts then.

    There are tablets in MacLab 3, and I think in MacLab 1...you are more than welcome to use those computers outside of class. We may get the tablets this semester. Maybe.

    Good luck this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MAYBE IT IS BETTER. I LIKE THEM BOTH. I was using the hell out of the quick commands after lunch. ha. (sorry about the language) However, more would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete